How To Avoid Canine Opioid Overdose

By Deborah Thompson


As an animal lover you will no doubt want to protect your pet at all times. In order to do that you will need to ensure that they are safe and sound at all times. Is especially when you are taking your dog on walks outside of your yard. There's a lot of litter and Dirt thrown on the streets at times and dogs and puppies have a tendency to always want to find out what it is. Opioids is a highly addictive substance that if your pet sniffs ingest or inhales can cause an overdose. Canine opioid overdose is becoming increasingly common.

Anyone who has a general interest in Keeping their pet safe will want to learn all they can about this issue. If you love your pet and want to keep it safe at all times, then you will want to learn all you can about this. This information is basically for people who have a genuine interest in Keeping their pet safe.

Opioids are basically medication that has heroin or sometimes cocaine included in it. This medication is often prescribed to people as painkillers and so on. However there are times when this medication is thrown out. Puppies are basically very curious animals and as such there is nothing that gets past them. Lots of puppies have been known to overdose an opioid simply by sniffing packages containing them.

This can happen absolutely anywhere. Happen while you are walking your dog. You can also happen while your dog is out playing if you do allow your dog out of the yard. Basically there is no telling who when this could happen or how. This medication can be purchased from any drug store. Are you going to have a doctors prescription in order to get your hands on it.

The best time to basically take your dog for walks is when the streets are clean enough. You should always ensure that your dog is always supervised as well. It only takes a couple of seconds for your dog to sniff into one of these packages containing the residue of opioids and they can overdose in a matter of 30 seconds. In some cases the this could be fatal if you do not get your pet to a vet in time.

This medication is used very often for people suffering with severe medical illnesses. However in some cases the packaging of these medications is usually discarded carelessly. But unknowingly dogs and puppies who are going for their walks or roaming about end up in ingesting this harmful substances and suffering from the symptoms.

The good news is that if you can get your pet to a vet in time then the effects of the overdose can be reversed. Alternatively, if you wait too long there is a chance that your pet could overdosed and it could be fatal. So it is entirely up to you how fast you react and it also depends on the amount and the type of substance that your pet has overdosed on.

If you are interested in Keeping your pet safe at all times then you should be alert when taking them for walks. When they Are in The Comfort of your own property you know that there is nothing of danger to them however when they go out into the streets you will need to watch them like Hawks. Especially so given the nature of dogs.




About the Author:



Comments